Thursday 18 January 2018

Thurs 18th Jan: Two easy arrivals

Funny "wobbly dog" Cody 
I have to hurry as there is a mass rabies vaccination exercise taking place at my home on Lamma, and the Acorn vet and nurses will be here before too long.  This is something that happens every year and saves me from having to take the dogs over to AFCD one by one, so it's important and a great help.  After the dogs have been with me for a while I group them and their licenses into years rather than months, so this group are the dogs due their updates any time in 2018.  There are those very timid dogs that can't be caught when the vet (any stranger) appears, so in reality I do still have to make individual trips to AFCD, just not as many.   Dogs like Cody, who never grew real teeth and has joints like jelly but who can still put up a real fight if a stranger tries to touch him. 
Spangle the springer spaniel


The two new dogs were brought to Ap Lei Chau today, the springer spaniel and the "shorgi" (shiba- corgi cross), and it's likely both already have homes once we have got them licensed and vaccinated.  They are in good condition, young and seemingly healthy, so I can't foresee any problems there.
You can easily see the two breeds in the shorgi


I enjoy my short visits to the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, especially now that there are puppies there.  They are mixing freely with the older dogs and all seem to get along fine, but I still hope they can find their own homes or at least fosters before too long.  They'll all be at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday of course, but you can visit them any day of the week at the Centre, 21 Main Street, between 10am and 6pm.  For fostering enquiries please email Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com.
The two recent litters have joined into one

No comments:

Post a Comment