Thursday 4 January 2018

Thurs 4th Jan: Three out, one in

Laura and her new Brother Bolton
There was lots going on today and I had an early start so I could get to Ap Lei Chau with puppy Laura.  She had an adoption interview with a family who had previously adopted from HKDR, and it was thanks to the photos taken on Sunday of Laura's sweet face as she waited in vain for her now ex-foster to take her home again.
Bye bye Bobby!

As we were at the Ap Lei Chau dog park with Laura and her now-brother Bolton, two other dogs turned up with their potential familes, Yorkie Bobby and Sheltie Kelly, and all three were successful in finding new homes.

I wanted to help this dog and her kids
The family of four dogs coming to us at the weekend that I wrote about yesterday will not now be arriving.  I received a message telling me that the lease on the current home had been extended for a year so the dogs will stay as guards, even though I understand the people have moved out.  To be honest I'm not sure that I believe this story as I was originally told that the owners wanted to hand the dogs to AFCD or SPCA, not HKDR, and I'm concerned that my too-early post created a problem.  I really don't understand why it makes a difference if people are abandoning their dogs anyway, but humans are complicated and unreasonable animals.
Lucky Kelly was the third morning adoption

There has also been a lot of movement behind the scenes with foster dogs and poodles in particular, but there are still a few waiting if anyone is interested.  We also had a very sad return today, in fact more than sad as it was extremely upsetting.  Adele was adopted from us as a puppy and brought back as an untrained and uncared-for three year old, with long nails and overweight, having never been walked.  During the years that she was with her horrible family at no time was any contact made until we get the call that they wanted to bring Adele back, and complaining that she wasn't toilet trained.  So whose fault was that?  The poor girl is obviously terrified now, in just the same way that adopted-and-returned Suzie and Carter were after having had the same awful experience.  I know that Adele will be fine in a new home, just as the other two are now, but it's really so upsetting to see this.
Adele was adopted as a puppy and is now 3 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment