Tuesday 9 January 2018

Tues 10th Jan: Computer problems



Apologies for the delay which was due to computer problems, temporarily solved but I'll keep this short and sweet:

Henry left his sister Elke and friend Ziggy behind
I had to put a coat on Noami for the sampan ride today, as well as puppy Henry who was on his way to a new life in his adoptive home.  The family had met him on Sunday and subsequently contacted me to say they would like to confirm, so rather than wait any longer I arranged for his pick up at the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre.  Now there are just two older puppies with me on Lamma, Henry's sister Elke and singleton Ziggy, but I also have the litter of four tick fever pups, happily now on their way to a full recovery.  With the additional litter of eight coming up for adoption age, as well as the new sharpei-crosses, there's no shortage of choice, that's for sure.

The tuft of hair is Murphy on my back


While giving my computer a rest I went for my usual morning hike with the dogs, and having extra time (it being a Wednesday) I decided to take Murphy along.  He hasn't been for a long walk since last year's Typhoon 10 brought all the trees down across the path, but now they've all been cleared I put on my special dog backpack and invited Murphy to join.  I was expecting to have to carry him for at least half of the walk but he did the whole thing by himself, even running ahead at one point making me think he's got lost.  I put him in the backpack just for the last couple of hundred yards to speed things up a bit, but what an amazing boy Murphy is for a sixteen year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment