Tuesday 16 January 2018

Tues 16th Jan: What's Molly's real story?

Waldo and Willy
I went back to AFCD today to pick up the further litter of four puppies taken from Chai Wan Cemetery, all sharpei crosses so again too vulnerable to the cold to be outside on Lamma.  There is always a small one in every litter and this runt is a little boy who looks so much like my Lamma Chippy that I felt instantly bonded to him.  I called him Waldo after the last sharpei cross puppy, although this Waldo has big pixie-like ears, not the tiny ones of the breed.  The other three are black girl Inky, and boys Willy and Monty.
The pups soon made themselves comfortable


After dropping them at the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, Iris sent me photos of the pups cuddled up to the long-haired adults, looking very happy and snug.  I'm sure after living outside in the cemetery with barely-existent hair covering,  the warmth of a centrally-heated woolly blanket must have been bliss.   Of course we need foster homes please, not only for this litter but for the remaining three sharpei cross pups from the previous litter too, one of whom (Rosie) is also very small.
Rosie on Sunday


A new dog had been surrendered to AFCD, a very sweet corgi girl who is now called Molly.  She is ten years old but looks and acts like a much younger dog although her story is something of a mystery so far.  I was told she had been surrendered because she had cancer, and when I asked where and what kind I was told it was a tumour on her leg which had already been removed. I had a look myself, as did Dr Andy, and couldn't see anything other than pink toes typical of an allergy, so the staff at Acorn tried to contact the vet clinic I'd been told the corgi had been to.  They had no record, so I asked AFCD if they would contact the ex-owner (whose identity I have no idea about) to confirm which clinic it really was.  I was given another name but this clinic don't keep a record of microchip numbers, only the owner's names and telephone numbers - which I don't have of course.   Then it turned out that the person who surrendered the corgi had only had her for a few days anyway, so now I need to ask AFCD's further help in tracing the one who knows Molly's real medical history.  Maybe someone reading this will be able to help?  I don't need to know the identity of the ex-owner, I just want to understand what the problem is or was, and what needs to be done.
Molly is a very sweet and happy corgi girl

I also took two baby turtles from AFCD who had apparently been taken home by a child, then immediately expelled by the mother for being dirty, bacteria-carrying creatures.  Dr Seems at Acorn told me one wasn't in good shape and he (she?) doesn't seem well, but I'll see what happens.  These red-eared sliders love the warmth and sunbathing, and the babies are especially vulnerable to the cold. 

Baby turtle catching some rays


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sally, Molly could be related to my Corgie Cookie. Can we touch base? How can I catch you? Look fw to your indication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate all that efforts you've paid to Molly, and all other pets rescuing them / raising awareness for their plight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally, may i know the latest status about Molly please? Has she been adopted by someone already?

    Thanks
    Marco

    ReplyDelete