Saturday 20 August 2016

Sat 20th Aug: Today was Skye's turn

Sweet Skye made it home in time to miss the storm
Starting with happy news, our lovely Skye was adopted today and is now in a home with another ex-HKDR (larger-sized) chihuahua called Jingle.  I don't have any concerns about the size difference knowing that Skye is such a gentle soul who wouldn't hurt a fly and I'm so happy she has a family to love her now.

I really try not to let the bad stuff affect me because it's too easy to get pulled down into a negative state of mind, but there are some things that really make you wonder about people.  The first thing I saw on Whatsapp this morning was a message about a dog called Dobby and that he had been picked up by the SPCA where he was being held, but I couldn't immediately recall who Dobby was.  After a reminder I clearly remembered the lovely rottweiler cross and that he had been taken for a trial adoption last November to see how he got on with the resident cat. That was the last any of us heard about either the dog or the would-be adopter, because every attempt to make further contact failed.  I have to admit that it was our ongoing failing that somehow Dobby's case got lost in the mountain of everyday dramas and emergencies that are so much part of this life, but even now there has been no response from the now ex-temporary keeper of Dobby or any explanation as to how the dog came to be wandering in Tai Tam.

There was also an email from an adopter who was "so sad" that she would have to return the dog she adopted last year because of a move to America, something which was bad enough in itself but was compounded by the detailed information about the dog's likes and dislikes, which included a fear of big dogs.  Still there was no acknowledgement of that fact that the now-unwanted pet would be returning to a place that was full of big dogs so I wasn't sure what the point of the list was.

I bet I'm not the only one who got very little sleep during the night thanks to the thunderstorm, and it was Murphy who was the first to alert me to what was coming.  I thought his eye was bothering him when I heard him whimpering and crying, so carried him to my bed to comfort him as best I could.  Although in earlier years he and Sandy, my two small dogs, always slept with me, that has since changed and now Griffin and Diamond are my regular hot water bottles.  Whatever the reason for Murphy's distress I'm taking him to Acorn on Sunday to get his eye checked because there's definitely a problem.

Will it be Sidney's turn today?
Rain or otherwise we'll be at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday, even if I might be absent for part of the afternoon while I take Murphy to the vet.  Hopefully the worst of the weather will have passed by then but we never miss a chance to show off the puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment