Friday 5 May 2023

Fri 5th May: Furry love comes in all sizes

Giselle is adopted 

 Two very popular small dogs can be taken off the available list, as both pug Rose and French bulldog Giselle were chosen today, with adoption photos to follow.  I know there are going to be several disappointed families, but that's almost always going to be the case when we have only one of each dog.  At least with the small poodle family of Tara, Tatum, Tina and Twiggy there are four almost identical girls available, although unfortunately they all need leg or knee surgery (as does Rose the pug). 

I'm also thrilled to say that the two terrier-type brother and sister have found a forever home together, and they are now Millie and Monty. 

Monty and Millie 

I was waiting to hear when the next "drop" of small dogs would be arriving, readying myself for a last-minute dash over to ALCVC on Saturday, as that's what normally happens.  I had been expecting to be in Sai Kung for the Hero Dogs event until injuring my toe, so a Saturday delivery would have been a challenge anyway, but even though I'm now available in one sense I really wasn't looking forward to having to walk or stand too much.  I had to take two Lamma dog over to ALCVC as emergency cases on both Thursday and today, so being able to rest my foot is something I need.   (I just heard today that the new small dogs will be coming on Thursday, so watch this space of our Facebook and Instagram pages for more news and details). 

Parker 

Opal 

Remember that we already have smaller-sized dogs and puppies already available and waiting at our Kennedy Town, North Street Centre, those like Opal, Odette and Parker.  They're healthy, fully vaccinated and just gorgeous, and you can meet them any day between 10am and 6pm (please make sure you completed the adoption questionnaire in advance). 

Who will be the lucky star this week? ⭐️
Odette 

We have many lovely and friendly puppies waiting at our Kennedy Town Homing Centre, open every day from 10am to 6pm.
📍Shop 4, G/F, Brilliant Court, Sai Hong Lane, 28 Praya Kennedy Town, and 13-19 North Street, Kennedy Twon.
You can also meet a selection of puppies at the regular Whiskers N Paws Puppy Party every Sunday, 2pm to 4pm, including those that are currently staying in foster homes.
🌟EVERY SUNDAY 2pm- 4pm at Whiskers N Paws! 📍10/F Horizon Plaza, Ap Lei Chau
Please remember to complete the adoption questionnaire as a first step for all enquiries: https://hongkongdogrescue.com/.../adoption-questionnaire/.

At the other end of the size scale we have just been asked to find a home for a giant-sized abandoned dog, apparently a young Malamute. We were told she's six months old, and already weighs 33 kilos, but I suspect she's a bit older. If you're interested in adopting please complete the questionnaire, but only suitable homes will be considered.
Who can adopt this giant girl?


I'm going to miss being at the big event on Saturday as I know it's going to be amazing fun, and I want to thank our sponsors for supporting, as well as all of the participants who signed up.  It's been a lot of work for the organising team, all in-house at HKDR, so I know there's going to be a big sigh of relief once the day is over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment