Friday 19 May 2023

Fri 19th May: What a relief that Julie's been adopted

Julie was a very popular girl 


 I'm so happy that Julie, the young bichon (not poodle), was adopted today, not only because every adoption is good news but because Julie was the one dog that everyone seemed to want.  I wasn't able to keep up with all of the enquiries coming in, bearing in mind that I have other dogs and things that I have to take care of during the day, and even now after non-stop hours at the computer trying to reply to all of the questionnaires I still haven't finished.  In many cases it was Julie or nobody, meaning if they couldn't have her then they wouldn't consider any other, so it's a relief that we can concentrate on the many  dogs and puppies still available.
Sweet Dylan 

One of these is Dylan, and I'm sure I wrote before that I'm convinced he's a breed, rather than a mix of sorts.  It's been bugging me because I know for sure that with a breed label attached this very sweet and young dog (not to mention gorgeous) will become the next Julie, and it was Iris who came up with the answer - a Lhasa Apso.  I Googled the breed and sure enough, there was Dylan in the photos. 

All of the new dogs had a very long and tiring day, starting with a group appointment at Acorn for their health checks and vaccinations, followed by a trip to AFCD for microchips, rabies shot and licensing.  This is the quickest and easiest was to ensure that all dogs have a license before the weekend when we anticipate having a lot of potential adopters coming, and hopefully several (if not many) dogs leaving for their forever homes. 

Mavis is waiting at Tai Po 

I want to mention Mavis again, the new dog at our Tai Po Homing Centre, not only because I have an updated photo of her to share but also because she's a really sweet and lovely girl.  Surely someone will want a young dog like her, and if that's you please complete the adoption questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/


No comments:

Post a Comment