Wednesday 2 March 2016

Weds 2nd March: Always my babies

Despite the seeming lack of anything particularly noteworthy happening, we are all very busy working on various projects, large and small, with the new website being one of them.  Time is not only money in terms of the lack of donations via the currently-defunct website, but we are also not able to show off our many dogs who are waiting for homes.  The Hong Kong Dog Rescue (HKDR) Facebook page helps, of course, but not everyone uses Facebook, and we can't post six hundred dog profiles at the same time either.

I was reminded that this time of the year is bonus time for many, and that it might be a good idea to post details of our bank account for those who would like to share their good fortune.  So here it is: HSBC Account 502-423825-001 (Hong Kong Dog Rescue (HKDR).  You can also send cheques to our mailing address at HKDR, Unit 6, G/F, Aberdeen Marina Tower, 8 Shum Wan Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong (same payee as the bank details).  Which ever way you donate, we are always more than grateful for the support, so thank you.

There was a happy adoption at Tai Po (as all adoptions are happy events of course) when Rambo left to go to his new home.  I had Rambo and his siblings with me on Lamma when they were youngsters, and I remember him being the rascal who was always climbing fences and escaping so he could run and play outside the boundaries of the puppy area.   His climbing antics continued when the litter moved to Tai Po, and there were often incidences of Rambo finding his way out of the enclosure and racing up and down the steps and around the site. Now he's a fully grown adult and more settled in his ways, but I can still see that little bit of mischief in his happy face.

Many of the dogs at Tai Po started off with me on Lamma and will always be "my babies", even though they may be heading towards their senior years now.   Twins Samba and Burma are two of the older ones, but there must be at least a couple of hundred Lamma graduates waiting to be picked . Seeing them finally leave the Homing Centre to start their new lives as family members is a special moment for me, and I wish every one of them would have that chance before it's too late.  My special girls, sisters Alison (photo as a pup on Lamma) and Jersey, are two that I would bring back to my home if I had the space. They have never forgotten me as I will always remember them and their sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment