Saturday 19 March 2016

Sat 19th March: Sleepy Saturday

I have to admit that rather than continuing with the work that needed to be done today, I took a break by reading a book and catching up on much-needed sleep.  Murphy had been so restless the night before, panting and whining and wanting to go out, come in, go out again, and then complaining that another dog was sleeping in his space and so on, that I barely got a wink of sleep before the other dogs woke me at the crack of dawn - as they always do.

I did, however, do something that had been on my mind for a long time but needed a warm day to be able to carry out.  That was to give little Sandy a bath, haircut and nail clip, which sounds easy but is far from it. She screams, howls and struggles throughout, the result of which was a big bald strip down her back where I lost control of the clippers.  Never mind, that hair will grow back and I'm not entering Sandy for any beauty shows.

Four of our dogs had their Saturday outing to Tamar Park in Central, and as always they really enjoyed the day out and chance to run around and play.  Our volunteers go to the waterfront park every Saturday if you would like to meet them and the dogs whose turn it is, and if you want to know who will be going any Saturday you can check out the dogs on the PAWsome Outreach Facebook page.
Four happy dogs and their volunteers today

Quince found his new family today
At our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre it was a lucky day for one of our many poodles as Quince was chosen to go home with his nice new family.

Now my thoughts and focus are on Sunday's puppy afternoon again, and I'm hoping not to repeat last week's getting home dramas.  To make sure that doesn't happen I'll be leaving at 4pm with my Lamma puppies, which include three lovely and happy newbies.  If you would like to meet them please make sure you come early, and in fact that applies to anyone who is considering adoption.  We are there by 2pm every Sunday, and you can spend the afternoon before making a decision rather than having to rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment