Saturday 26 March 2016

Sat 26th March: Well hello Sunshine

Charmaine and her instant best friends at Tamar Park
The problem with getting up early and writing my blog before photos are posted from the previous day is that I don't have anything to illustrate the text.  I know that the dogs had a great time at Tamar Park yesterday, as did all of the Tai Po crew who went out hiking, thanks to the glorious sunshine that we have been missing for too long.   I did find some photos taken by Alice Lau, one of our Positive Partners trainers and also one we recommend for personal dog training, along with her ex-HKDR doglet Charmaine.
Bendy and his new dads


Our Sunday puppy afternoon got off to a premature start with two puppies finding homes.  Bendy was formally adopted at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, while Amos will be picked up from his current foster home after the weekend.  He had to have a meeting with the resident cats first, and although most cats don't welcome a dog into the home immediately, it doesn't take long for everything to settle. Coincidentally both foster and adopter are called Polly, so I have to think this was pre-destined.
Amos meets one of the cats


So now I am looking forward to Sunday with rather more optimism than previously, and who knows, it could be a very lucky Easter Sunday.


I had my long Easter break interrupted by an unexpected trip out to the New Territories to take a look at a potential kennel site, and as usual I'll say nothing more until there is something to write about. This search has been going on for so long and I have seen so many places across Hong Kong, the New Territories and Outlying Islands that I am conditioned to expect disappointment.  It's really not easy to find anywhere that is not only suitable for a lot of dogs but which is also accessible enough to allow for volunteers, adopters and food deliveries to get there while being far enough away from residential areas to cause annoyance to neighbours. In that regard the site I saw today is perfect, but let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment