Tuesday 8 March 2016

Tues 8th March: A huge "Thank you" is due

With my own recent unexpected time off from work  and the loss of both our van (and driver) as well as the website, things have been piling up on the Lamma dog front.  Some dogs are overdue a vet visit while others only need to have their licenses updated, and today was the day I decided to at least start clearing that backlog.

Times passes so quickly, and the six dogs I took to AFCD for their rabies vaccinations were just puppies the last time they were issued with a license and now they're three years old.  Imogen (pictured at Whiskers N Paws last year) in particular is one that should have been adopted a long time ago as she is so sweet and has so much love to share.  It's not too late if anyone would consider giving her a chance.

The last time I went to AFCD in Pokfulam I could hear a dog howling in the kennel block, and correctly assumed it was a husky even though I didn't have time to go and look.  When I was there today with my Lamma group I was told the husky was ready to go, and although at first I said I really couldn't fit another dog in the van I relented when I saw she was still just a puppy.  Lyra (now her name) was so happy to leave her kennel, and who could blame her.  I asked what her story was and was told she had been surrendered (without a microchip or license) because of her howling.  Anyone who buys a husky puppy and isn't prepared for the noise is an idiot, and double so for not even having the dog properly licensed or vaccinated against infectious diseases.

After dropping my dogs off for the unaccompanied boat trip back to Lamma, I carried on to Acorn to have Lyra checked and vaccinated before sending her on to Tai Po with the nice van driver.  I hope she doesn't have to wait too long for a new home as she is really a sweet girl, and very loving.

We have another very beautiful puppy girl coming to us on Wednesday, one who looks very much like a Chung Hom Kok collie, but can't be.  If you are interested in meeting Lulu she will be available as soon as she's been to the vet for her health check and vaccinations.  She'll also be at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday of course.

I have to take a moment to thank all of those who have heard about our recent problems and who have stepped forward to help in an incredible way.  As a result of such amazing generosity we have been able to order a new van, as well as being donated a mini van as back-up (which I envisage being kept at Ap Lei Chau so I can drive myself to AFCD and Acorn). On top of that we have been offered a free new website build, so I am feeling quite overwhelmed and humbled by the outpouring of support from well-wishers.

On behalf of the dogs whose lives are changed for ever by everyone who helps in any way at all,  I would like to say a heartfelt thank you from all of us at HKDR.  You are simply the best!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to read all the good news in today's blog. New van, mini van and new website is coming. How wonderful! Many more blessings to you, Sally and ofcourse all your team! <3

    ReplyDelete