Thursday 31 August 2023

Thurs 31st Aug: What a way to start September!

Dusty came from a breeder 

 I'm not sure what to begin with because I want to talk about Typhoon Fosters and also to share these two photos.  The first photo of Dusty was taken when she came to us from a breeder, and you can see what kind of care she was given, in other words - none.  The second photo shows Dusty as she looks now, and I was so amazed I wanted to post the before-and-after evidence of what a home can do, and what a difference a short time can make.  Breeders are disgusting as far as I'm concerned, and everyone who has bought, or is considering buying a puppy needs to see what goes on in these places. 

These photos are also a reminder that even if the dogs have skin problems or look scruffy and in poor health when they arrive, please don't see them as hopeless cases or forever in that condition.  Who would have thought Dusty could have become such a pretty little poodle, but she certainly did. 

It's hard to believe this is also Dusty!


Typhoon Soala is currently heading straight towards Hong Kong, and for everyone who has kindly offered to foster a dog for the period, especially from the Tai Po Centre where most dogs live outside, thank you so much!  I do need to mention that both Cindy (our volunteer Foster Coordinator) and myself were checking the foster forms all night, with Cindy going far later than I managed.  I've noticed that some people are frustrated at not receiving a quick reply, but we're honestly doing our best.  If anyone has previously fostered for HKDR and is registered as such, please just go straight to Tai Po to pick up a dog rather than waiting for someone to contact you.  Twenty three dogs have already left the Homing Centre for fostering during the typhoon, but as it seems it's going to get really bad I hope we manage to move a lot more out on Friday.   The T8 is already up, which makes transport difficult without a car, so I hope it's not too late. 

For myself, and remembering how serious Typhoon Manghut and the terrible destruction it caused, I'm going to have to spend most of Friday preparing everything for the wind and rain that I suspect will be terrible.  I really hope the typhoon has a sudden change of heart and veers off in another direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment