Saturday 26 August 2023

Sat 26th Aug: Big breeds, medium and small needing homes

Samoyed 

 I'm going to start with some large breeds that we've been asked to take, as well as a reminder of those we already have.  First off, the Samoyed is always popular and although I haven't been given any details I expect (at least very much hope) that there will be at least a few suitable offers.
Husky or Malamute

We already have a sweet husky girl, Yoghurt, but we've also been asked to take another one, although this looks more like a Malamute from the photo. 

Ace found his family today 

While labrador Ace was adopted today, this morning another young labrador arrived, a two year-old male.  The only photo I have to share is of him on top of the shelter where he climbed.  He's a sweet dog, but he was very confused about what was happening and that's why he got up out of the way. 
A new labrador boy 



Springer spaniel 

There's also a dog that looks very much like a Springer spaniel, and I assume that's what it is, although again I only have a photo and no details.  Of course a Springer spaniel is a medium sized breed, but also very active and requiring a lot of exercise. 

The last dog is a handsome mix, one I have nicknamed The Hairy Dog for the time being.


All of these dogs need homes, but they must be homes that have the space and a suitable environment.  If you're interested please complete the adoption questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/ please.  We can't keep accepting large sized dogs if we don't create space through adoptions, so if you give any of these dogs a home you're actually saving two lives but giving another the opportunity to come to us. 

Goodbye Halo! 

One of my favourite dogs found a wonderful home today, and I was so happy to see Halo leaving our Kennedy Town North Street Centre.

We also took in more dogs and puppies, but until they've been sorted and photographed I'll hold back on sharing their details. There is one poodle I want to mention though, as this boy has previously had broken legs and he needs a foster home so we can send him to Dr Tony at Acorn to see if anything can be done. 

For fostering please complete the form at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/volunteer/fostering/

I've called this poodle Jonty



No comments:

Post a Comment