Sunday 8 January 2017

Sun 8th Jan: A packed house

I'm so happy that Ludo has found his forever home
It was quite a day today, and we were so busy at Whiskers N Paws and our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre that it was hard to keep up.  However the big surprise of the day came from Tai Po with the news that Ludo had been adopted.
Baby Ludo

Ludo had been with me as a baby puppy many years ago before moving to Tai Po, and like all of my ex-Lamma pups he was special to me.  His big break came when he was taken home last summer as a typhoon foster by his Life Saver Club sponsor - and never came back.

His now-adoper says: " Ludo is laid-back, well behaved and never made a mess of the house. I think these are all the benefits of having an older dog, so give the oldies a chance and they will give you so much back in return".

"Ludo was assigned to me when I joined the Life Saver Club 3 years ago, and now I have a companion for life.  I would encourage everyone to join the Life Saver Club to help the long-term residents at HKDR".
Contact Shaline at lifesaver@hongkongdogrescue.com for details

Coolio will go home on Monday
Another lovely confirmed adoption is that of Coolio, who will be taken home after he has been to Acorn on Monday for everything to be updated, as well as having his previously broken leg X-rayed to make sure there's no ongoing problem.
Silo is just like a less-shy version of Olive

New boy Silo joined us at Whiskers N Paws, and what a gorgeous boy he is.  It was quite strange to have him there as he is the same shape and size as Olive, and does the same sweet thing of checking in every now and again to have a back scratch and to say hello.  He wasn't adopted but if anyone is looking for a young and fully trained smaller-sized dog, take a look at Silo.

It was the first day at Whiskers N Paws for the eight puppies that came to us from AFCD as two week-old babies, still needing to be bottle fed and sent out for fostering in pairs (and thank you to all who offered to help).  I also had two new litters that I took out from AFCD just last week, and strangely it was the new girls and boys who found homes ahead of the foster pups.  Chestnut was the only one out of the eight that was adopted, and I found that quite strange given that these pups are all guaranteed healthy, pretty much toilet trained and very used to being in real homes. I'm not complaining about the fact that any one puppy is chosen over another, it was just quite funny the way it worked out.
Little Blotto was first time lucky

There were so many puppies and so many people that I imagine it was hard for photographer Jimmy to get any clear shots, and at the time of posting this blog we're still waiting for the photos to be sent and uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment