Saturday 7 January 2017

Sat 7th Jan: A frustrating search

Siblings Trisha and Derek
Although there were lots of visitors to our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre today, it seems that most of them were tourists coming to have a look following the media attention we've been getting.  It seems a strange kind of weekend activity to me, but who am I to judge when my whole life is hardly normal.

I spent almost the whole day out searching for (dog) Cindy when I realised she wasn't there when we got back from our walk, and it was only after I had done the whole route twice again in each direction that I gave up - and found she was waiting for me at home.   The reason I lost her in the first place was because both Bali and Murphy came along today and I have to watch them to make sure they don't get lost/stuck/fall into the storm drains.   In fact I had to carry Bali for so much of the time that I have had to accept that he is no longer able to do the walk, with so much of it being either uphill or down and it's only on the flat that he can cope.  Without the exercise I know that his condition will deteriorate quickly, and it's something that I'm dreading.

In comparison Murphy's doing well, but I can't discount the fact that he's no youngster and it's a long walk for him especially when it's so warm.  Nonetheless, he has to make it on his own when my arms are full with Bali, and he manages it even if there's a lot of puffing and panting.

Grace has seen her 2 brothers adopted and is hoping to be lucky herself this week
There wasn't any good news from Tai Po either, so now the focus is on Sunday and especially Whiskers N Paws where hopefully the sunshine will encourage lots of adopters to visit.  Not only are two groups of new puppies that I picked up from AFCD in the past week going to be there, but the litter of eight who have been in foster since they were two weeks old will also be making their debut. Of course there are still older pups who are hoping that this will be their last visit as hopefuls, including Grace, Sparky, Trisha and Derek.  All four have been in foster homes so are more than ready to make the move to their forever families.
Sparky is a but shy but is doing well in his foster home

No comments:

Post a Comment