Sunday 15 January 2017

Sun 15th Jan: A total whirlwind on the terrace

So clearly a sharpei cross now
It took me until the end of the afternoon at Whiskers N Paws to finally work out who all the puppies were as there were two litters of five making their debut.  I had last seen one litter when they were at my house for a couple of days before going to a foster home, and it was only when I took a look at a baby photo that I could see the sharpei-in-the-making very clearly.  At only a couple of weeks old they all look like buttons and the features only come later.
I last saw the litter at this age

The other five newcomers were Noelle's pups, who arrived at AFCD with their mother as newborns and left (taken by me) after a month.  I haven't seen them since and simply didn't recognise them at all.  They are very large and beautiful pups who will grow to be a lot bigger than their mother, now at Tai Po.
Derek and Trisha were like this the whole afternoon


It was a complete whirlwind on the terrace at Whiskers N Paws, and if you look through the set of photos (by Eric Tang) you'll see intermittent shots of siblings Derek and Trisha playing.  This continued throughout the entire three hours, but the funny thing is that both Derek's current and former fosters swear that at home he's a very quiet and well-behaved boy.  He and Trisha obviously use up a week's worth of energy in one afternoon.
Hong Kong Dog Rescue (HKDR) added 159 new photos to the album Puppy Adoption Day 15 January 2017 — at Whiskers and Paws

Maya's adoption was no surprise
I still can't add all the names to the puppy photos and will try to work them out later, but I've counted ten adoptions/trials with Raisin and Grace no-shows because they will be staying in their respective foster homes for ever.  I just hope that these lucky pups will be staying put and not coming back for whatever reason.  If I add the two babies that were adopted on Saturday, that's quite a weekend.
Jax was one of the early adoptions


Tiny teacup Wobbly also went for a trial adoption, and a vet neurologist has recommended a full body wrap rather than surgery as the success rate is quite high and there are no risks involved.  This literally means swaddling the dog for a few weeks to stabilise movement, so that's what we plan to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment