Thursday 13 April 2023

Thurs 13th April: Too many adoption applications

 I'm running late because I've been replying to the many applications to adopt the two border collies that are going to be coming to us on Friday.  Many, if not most of these potential homes are perfectly fine, with only a couple having to be rejected outright, but we only have two dogs to fill so many places, and it makes me incredibly sad to know that if every one of these applicants took another dog it would make a big difference.  As it is we have two families coming on Friday to meet the border collies, with several standby homes if for any reason the dogs aren't adopted immediately. 

Gala

If I can tempt the potential adopters to choose another dog or puppy, we have so many gorgeous hopefuls waiting, and three more arriving on Friday in addition to the two collies and a mother mongrel from AFCD.  As soon as I saw the photo of one of these newcomers I knew I had to call her Gala, after the previous Gala I had on Lamma and who I loved so much. Actually, I don't know if this scruffy pup is a girl or a boy, but for now it's Gala.  I used to call this "breed" Monkey Dogs, because their face patterns made them look like monkeys, and we don't see them much these days.
Goofy had his name handed to me

This one can be called Goofy because of the description, and since these are both "G" names I'm going to call the third dog Gallant.  Why?  Because from the looks of it he has had his front leg cut off, and I don't even want to think of how or why, but he is a brave survivor and he needs a name that fits that.

Gallant will need to have a proper amputation

At least today didn't pass by without a happy adoption, and today's lucky doglet is Rina, one of the "R" litter.  There will be more adoption news and photos coming tomorrow, so please come back to read about them.

Rina in the car heading home




No comments:

Post a Comment