Thursday 13 January 2022

Thurs 13th Jan: Watch this space, quite literally


 It's funny how things happen, especially after writing yesterday about new opportunities (I always joke that I'm psychic).  I had actually arranged to go out with Eva (Sit) today to check something out, but then I received a message which immediately changed our plans and sent us instead to Soho, Central, along with Iris, the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre Manager.  Following the visit to a vacant shop, I can announce that we will be opening something there, not absolutely sure yet exactly what, but we have some great ideas. It won't be another Homing Centre as we have already committed to Kennedy Town, but there are lots of much-needed dog-related services in Central that we hope we'll be able to provide.  What I can say is that we will almost certainly be needing someone to work there and to be in charge of whatever it is we end up doing, and as vague as that might sound I hope the perfect dog-loving candidate will come along. 

As you can imagine, this sudden offer and my immediate acceptance of the opportunity pretty much took up the day, and as soon as I could manage it I was busy getting things started by contacting those people I thought would want to be part of this new venture.  

Naturally the dogs are still top priority, and we have some potential adoptions which I hope will mean dogs and puppies moving to their new forever homes over the weekend.  One of the puppies is a "K Pup", and you can follow the story and the rest of the litter on Instagram @typhoon_k_puppies, as well as @why_i_foster where you can see the incredible growth and progress of three of the most recent rescues.  If any other of our puppy foster homes have Instgram accounts that I don't know about, please do let me know so I can share. 

We have another ex-breeder shiba inu coming to us on Friday, another reject due to a leg abnormality. I'm never quite sure how accurate the information is regarding age or problem, so we'll just have to see what turns up. 

For all enquiries you can email info@hongkongdogrescue, for fostering it's Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com, and if you're interested in adopting please start by completing the questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/


No comments:

Post a Comment