Friday 28 January 2022

Fri 28th Jan: A surprise delivery

Babette


 Some things are really hard to understand, but human nature is probably the hardest of all. I couldn't quite believe the surrender request for a French bulldog puppy I got first thing in the morning, so when I was told the puppy would be brought to Ap Lei Chau when we opened, I only half expected it to turn up. So many surrender requests that are "urgent" come to nothing, but sure enough the puppy was delivered and went to the vet in the afternoon after having first been taken to AFCD for microchipping and a rabies vaccination.  I have already contacted a couple of potential adopters on the waiting list so Babette may already have a family to go to, but she's another example of how we really never know what or who is going to turn up on our doorstep. 


More surprises came in the form of yet four more puppies from AFCD Pokfulam (I did quickly mention them yesterday), and they're now the "Z Litter".

I wasn't really sure which days were actually the Lunar New Year because every day is the same for me, but now I've clarified that the holiday isn't until next week so Sunday's Whiskers N Paws puppy party will be going ahead as usual. You can meet many of the puppies currently in foster homes at the event, or by arrangement with Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com.  There are already some interviews lined up for the weekend, so hopefully that will mean at least a couple of lucky pups being able to move straight to their forever homes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment