Monday 6 December 2021

Mon 6th Dec: Getting close?

Lucky Percy


 It was another day of looking at potential locations for a new "Ap Lei Chau" Homing Centre, which sadly won't be in Ap Lei Chau, but maybe the new area will bring us renewed good fortune along with the New Year.  I hate to say we're getting close to a result because there's a lot of hurdles to overcome when you're talking about dogs, and there have been several sites we wanted to move to but where the dogs were a sticking point.  However I really hope there'll be some confirmation very soon. I also hope that our current Ap Lei Chau four-legged residents won't have to make the move with us, and that they'll be in new homes before then, just like Percy who was picked up today.  I know he's going to have a great life, even if he only has three legs to run around on. 

Some of you may have read the post I made on the HKDR Facebook page about the missing van-load of dogs, as reported in several media outlets the other day, and in fact some of these dogs were on their way to the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre from the same source as those that have been coming to us in large numbers over the past several months.  I have to state once again that we have no idea where the dogs originate from, or what sort of background, facility or situation they were in before being dropped off.  Many people assume I must know something, but it's all as much a mystery to me as to anyone else.   We're all very concerned about the fate of those dogs that were stolen and while I desperately hope there will be a happy outcome, I fear that won't be the case. 

In the meantime we'll be taking on one new small dog, (as well as two six month-old puppies) this time from AFCD Shatin.  We get a lot of requests for dachshunds so I hope this one won't have to wait long for a new home, but he is nine years old.   If you're interested please start by completing the adoption questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/

No comments:

Post a Comment