Friday 12 November 2021

Fri 12th Nov: What name is best for a dog?

Pebbles going home


 Any adoption from our Tai Po Homing Centre makes me happy, but I wasn't too surprised about Pebbles being taken home today as she was a very popular girl judging from the many enquiries about her.  Her new family said they were considering calling her Sally, which is a compliment I think, but in fact it's also a good name for a dog.  The best names are those that are no more than two syllables, and are easy to pronounce and for a dog to recognise.   Some names are very long or quite fancy, but keeping it short and clear is best.  
Phaedra seems like a fancy name but fay-dra is easy to say

I think most people have pet names for their dogs anyway, I know I do, so Griffin (for example) is also Griff, Grifty and several other nicknames.  People ask me how I manage to remember so many of the dogs' names, but what I find amazing is that my Lamma dogs can recognise their names out of so many.  If you have one, or even a few dogs it's easy, but my many dogs not only know their formal names but all of the variations too.  I think that's pretty clever. 

I'm pretty sure that several of the smaller dogs at Ap Lei Chau will be leaving over the weekend, if not on Saturday, and of course we have the regular Sunday Puppy Party at Whiskers N Paws, with lots of gorgeous puppies to choose from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment