Tuesday 27 August 2019

Tues 27th Aug: Poor Hailey

Hailey in 2013
I'm still officially on sick leave but that only means working from home, which today included one case which made my blood boil.

Hailey was one of a litter that I took from AFCD in 2012, and she was first fostered by someone, and subsequently adopted.  The same person  later took another dog, one I called Pingu was who was renamed Otis. 
Pingu who became Otis

The next time I heard from this adopter it was to tell me (via Facebook) that he had left Hong Kong and had started a new life (with a new wife) in Macau, and therefore wanted to return the dogs.  I found out at that time that the dogs' licenses had never been updated because "nobody told me", and in the end the now ex-wife kept the dogs, even though she didn't really want to.  Fast foward to today and I got a message from AFCD telling me that two dogs had been found stray (actually they were tied up outside SPCA) and one of them was Hailey.  The other one I assume is Pingu but won't know for sure until I go to AFCD on Wednesday to take Hailey out. 

Josie has been adopted, for good this time
Still there was good news to balance the bad, as another dog that had been adopted and then returned with the usual "moving house" excuse found her new family and this time I'm sure Josie will be staying.
Spencer is staying where he is


One more dog was adopted, this time by his foster family who found they couldn't bear to part with him when he was due to meet a potential adopter.  Spencer is now officially staying put

Today's new boy puppy Radar
Ming the driver went to AFCD today to take out three puppies I'd seen there last week, so they are now at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, ready and waiting to meet any potential adopters.
Pretty girl Eliza 




No comments:

Post a Comment