Monday 5 August 2019

Mon 5th Aug: Sunday's photos

Noddy going home on Sunday
Jimmy Tsang's photos from Sunday's Whiskers N Paws afternoon were posted shortly after I published my blog for the day, and you can see the whole album here   Puppy Adoption Day 4 August 2019 
Spot needs a home please 

Funny short-legged Dora

It was Rachel's big day 


Daisy's adoption leaves siblings Spot and Dora available


Fei Mui enjoying the cool tiles and aircon of her new home
Also starting her new life of air-conditioned comfort was Fei Mui, the Tibetan mastiff  sister of recently-adopted Fei Jai-now-Hugo.  We'd been really concerned that this pair would never find homes due to their size and hairiness, but happily Fei Mui didn't have to wait too long after her brother left before she too was adopted.

Will lovely young Oscar find a new home soon? 
I'm actually feeling excited about this coming weekend as we have a couple of other dogs that may be leaving our Tai Po Homing Centre, and funnily enough they are recent recruits from AFCD.  That doesn't mean that we don't have hundreds more that are still waiting, hoping to catch the eye of families coming to meet potential family members, and I can imagine how it must feel to be one of them:  'if only they look my way, if only they will stop to talk to me, if only they will give me a chance'.   Whenever I see the photos posted of the Tai Po dogs and I recognise them from the time I took them from AFCD, maybe only as puppies then or perhaps as adults, and I think why didn't you find a home?  Why were you passed by when you're so lovely, and so sweet?   It's hard, and quite heartbreaking, and especially so when I see so many newly-bought puppies out and about.  There's no shortage of homes, there's just a shortage of hearts and compassion.











No comments:

Post a Comment