Monday 13 January 2020

Mon 13th Jan: A late Christmas but very welcome

Wilf and slightly-older Canoe 
In "Puppy Time" growth and changes happen so quickly if you blink you'll miss it, and today I took three of the youngest litter (barring the small-sized babies at the Homing Centre) to Acorn for their second vaccinations.  When they first arrived from AFCD they were tiny little things, but now not only has their weight doubled but they all have quite strong characters emerging.  It was most evident in sharpei-alike Wilf on Sunday when he made it clear what he liked and didn't like, and what he wanted to do.  Sharpeis are like that, bold and fearing nothing but at the same time being very loyal and loving.
Hazel has the same ears as brother Wilf 

The reason I mention Wilf and his siblings is that at first it seemed he didn't belong, as he looks very much like a sharpei except for his ears, which are larger than they would be if pure.  It was on Sunday when I saw him and his littermates being just that little bit older, that I could see they were in fact from the same litter as they all have those ears which face forward and flop over at the top.  So even though Hazel, Spud, Oscar and Emmy really don't look like sharpeis at all, there's definitely a lot of the breed in them.

Dogs with this colouring tend to be medium size
Other than taking the puppies for vaccinations, I met up with Adele and her foster parent at AFCD so Adele cound have her rabies vaccination and license issued.  She's a fantastic puppy, full of energy and also very loving and playful.  At five months she's still quite small so I don't see her being any larger than medium as an adilt, and in fact her "breed" tend to be on the smaller side based on many other lookalikes we've had before.
This was my load while Ming took the bulk


On the way back from Acorn with the puppies I checked my emails and saw a message from Whiskers N Paws saying the Operation Santa Paws donations had been sorted and boxed and were ready for collection, so having no dogs from Tai Po in the back we went straight there.   There was a mountain of boxes which had been labelled for the various animal NGOs who were also chosen to be beneficiaries, so Ming and I took what we could fit in the van and did a quick sort-out before I headed home, taking some beds, toys and food with me.  So thank you to Whiskers N Paws and everyone who donated, and I know I speak for all of the charities when I say your kindness is very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment