Saturday 5 January 2019

Sat 5th Jan: First puppy adoptions of 2019

Lucky Chutney was today's winner
Our beautiful puppies were at the first Puppy Afternoon of the New Year, taking place at Concordia Pet Care in Happy Valley, where two lucky youngsters were chosen, Chutney and Mikey (not related).  Mikey will actually be picked up from Whiskers N Paws on Sunday where all the other puppies will be trying their luck once again, plus those who weren't there today.  Thanks to volunteer Joanna Wong for a wonderful set of photos which you can see here   Puppy Adoption Day 5 January 2019 — at Concordia Pet Care - Happy Valley
Mikey will go home on Sunday

It was a quiet day at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, but over at Tai Po it was a lucky Saturday for Bradley, the other Stanley Barracks dog who arrived from AFCD at the same time as Cooper, who was also just adopted.
Bradley and Cooper (left) arriving at Tai Po last month


I mentioned my own photo-taking efforts when trying to provide updates for the Life Saver Club sponsors, and I decided today that videos are much easier.  I also decided that I have quite a few Lamma dogs that are very adoptable, even if realistically most of the Lamma dogs wouldn't do well if moved to a new home.   I have one whole litter who had a bad case of kennel cough as puppies, and for that reason they couldn't go to Whiskers N Paws and missed out on their chance of being adopted.  They're sweet dogs, and one in particular stands out as being the friendliest of all my dogs. When I had workmen in last year doing repairs on the house she welcomed them all, to the point where one of the men spent half his time petting Lorna rather than working.  She loves everyone and is always happy to greet total strangers as if they were best friends.  I would love to find her a home of her own where she could get the attention she craves, and at six years I think it's about time.  If you would like to meet this lovely girl please let me know.  Maybe it can be the start of a Lamma dog re-homing programme, as there are plenty of others who are equally adoptable.
Lorna is picked on by the other dogs as she is too sweet

1 comment:

  1. Agree, that Lorna is beautiful. It shows she's a real sweetheart. <3 Sally is there a video anywhere of LIMA? I'm sponsoring her in the Life Saver Club. She'll be 6 years old this year, I think?

    ReplyDelete