Saturday 28 July 2018

Sat 28th July: So many puppies and even I'm confused

Of this group I can only recognise Magpie, now adopted, as she was a singleton
It's a relief, as well as being much better for the puppies, that they are able to stay in our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre (or in foster homes of course) rather than on Lamma, as I can offer only the most basic of accommodation for youngsters.  The downside is that that whereas previously I knew all of the puppies' names, and their characters too as they got older, now I am confused.  We have so many at the moment, and I'm often having to give them names without even having seen them if they go straight to foster homes. Coming up to Sunday and the Puppy Afternoon at Whiskers N Paws I'm wondering who is going to be there and what they look like, and all I can say is thank goodness for microchips so they can all be formally identified by scanning.   I do know that one of the foster puppies is going to be adopted - hooray - but I'll save the name for tomorrow's blog with all the photos.
See you there!

Left at a grooming shop and with no microchip
As I keep saying, we have new dogs arriving all the time and next week we have a poodle and golden retriever coming on Monday, both of whom were abandoned at a groomers, a popular method of getting rid of pets.  There is also another pair of dogs expected from the same home, an English bulldog and another poodle, so if you are looking for a dog to adopt please keep checking the latest intake.  You can always read it here first or on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/hkdogrescue/.

No comments:

Post a Comment