Sunday 3 December 2017

Sun 3rd Dec: Byebye babies!

Rafi
I left Lamma with not only the puppies and almost-adult Rafi, but also one of the residents of the Lamma Home for Small Delinquents, corgi Topper.  He was meeting someone at the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, and didn't come back at the end of the day even though it is just a trial to see how he and the resident husky get along.  Of course I'm delighted that Topper finally got this chance after so many years of waiting and I have my fingers tightly crossed for good news.
Cleo settled right in

I also had the new small-sized adult Cleo with me, on her way to a foster home where she is already settling in nicely.  Although she has erlichia, a type of tick fever, this is treatable with antibiotics and I'm fully expecting a complete recovery.  If anyone is looking for a really sweet and small short-haired dog, maybe Cleo would be just right.
Bunny found her new home today


I was also delighted not to have to bring home the two baby pups who had been taking up space on my work table in the Giant Cage, as both were adopted during the afternoon.  That was a huge win as far as I was concerned, as it's more than distracting to have little feet and faces right in front of you when you're trying to concentrate.
How can I work with this?

Bunny's sister Flora and her new parents


Although there are still quite a few baby pups, I have several five month-olds, and even though I may be biased I think it's true to say they are all wonderful characters who get along really well.  There's sweet and gentle Grace, Harvey and his sister Laura, short-tailed and smaller sized Bina, Dilys (who was absent today) and - until today - Archie, Harvey's best friend and playmate.  As happy as I was that Archie found a home today, when we got back to Lamma in the evening Harvey was very upset, and I had to let him out so he could go looking for his friend as he was crying so much.  Of course he didn't find Archie.
Archie, his daddy and new big brother
A final goodbye for Archie and Harvey

Jimmy Tsang was the photographer for the day, and as always he did a superb job which you can see here  Hong Kong Dog Rescue (HKDR) added 93 new photos to the album Puppy Adoption Day 3 December 2017 — at Whiskers N Paws

A volunteer group from The United Jewish Congregation of Hong Kong were at Tai Po today to help out, and according to May who sent me the photo, they worked really hard and did a great job.  So thank you all!
A great team of volunteers from the United Jewish Congregation

No comments:

Post a Comment