Saturday 2 December 2017

Sat 2nd Dec: Three hopefuls and a day in Stanley

Boris has been given a new chance
Sometimes the tension of waiting for adoption news is almost too much, because although of course we all understand that committing to a dog is a very important decision, we all get excited at the prospect of a dog leaving.  As it turned out only one of the anticipated homes materialised, although it was one of three trial adoptions at Ap Lei Chau, and I hope Sunday will be the day when many others get their chance too.
I was so happy to hear that Nona had also left for a trial 

Sunday is always the Day of Hope for all the dogs, as it's the busiest for visitors at both Homing Centres as well as being Puppy Afternoon at Whiskers N Paws of course.  This week I have my two new babies to take with me, plus those that have been unlucky for too long, sweet dogs like Grace (yes, unbelievably still waiting) and Betty.  I really hope that their chance will come this time round, and if nothing else the baby pups will enjoy the cuddles and attention they keep begging me for.
Betty

Grace 

It wasn't quite the stall we had been expecting but our team made the best of it


Our volunteers did a great job at the St Stephen's Christmas Fete at Stanley, and the weather was perfect for a day out.  Thanks as always for a great team effort, especially given some initial challenges of finding our allocated space.  In the end it was fine and I think everyone enjoyed the event, volunteers and visitors alike.

Volunteers Tracy and Gina look happy enough

No comments:

Post a Comment