Saturday 16 December 2017

Sat 16th Dec: Missing my own party

Dogtown at 15 Square Street
I had two places to go to today, the first one being a visit to Dogtown at 15 Square Street (just behind the Man Mo Temple in Hollywood Road in case you can't find it) where the winter scene takes up almost the entire shop space.  Visitors are asked to buy a tiny figure for a $50 donation to HKDR and place it anywhere in Dogtown.  Although the scheme runs for another couple of weeks there aren't many "people" left and all dogs have already been taken, so I suggested that the village needs more visitors to be flown in from wherever they come from (these models were ordered from the USA).
That's me falling out of the church

I was planning to head over to the Tamar Park Christmas Party with volunteers Tracy and Harryn who were also visiting Dogtown, but found out via a Whatsapp group conversation that all sampans had stopped running due to the strong monsoon wind, which meant I wouldn't be able to get back home.  Hoping that my friend and neighbour with a speedboat would be able to help out, I sent a hopeful message and was incredibly relieved to hear that he had just got back from a trip and was heading home himself.  The boat ride over to Lamma was certainly bumpy but at least I made it back and didn't have to worry about the two baby pups still with me, or my old dog Bali who needs tending to during the night.  I did have very kind offers of accommodation which I'm grateful for, but getting home is vital when there is nobody else there to take care of the needy dogs and puppies.
I was missing at our own HKDR party

Now I only have to worry about Sunday and getting the puppies over to Whiskers N Paws, and more importantly, back again.  Whatever happens there will be foster pups there including Laura, little Honey and beautiful Betty.  If anyone can foster the two remaining babies with me, now around five weeks old, I can get them over for picking up.
Honey with Santa last Sunday
Laura is 5 months old and medium sized
Beautiful Betty is 4 months old


No comments:

Post a Comment