Thursday 15 June 2023

Thurs 15th June: All good news today

 If I only write about one thing today it has to be this.  Sometimes I moan about things and people (you could even say often), but the truth is that there are far more good souls in the world than bad, and I'm lucky enough to have met many of them, even if only briefly.  


If you regularly read my blog you'll already know the story of little Jinks, who came to us not long ago unable to walk. We'd been told that Jinks was a survivor of horrible abuse, and an MRI showed that he had a metal pellet lodged in the base of one ear.  Still, we really hoped that its removal would be the answer to the problems, but sadly that wasn't the case.  Whatever damage had been done was almost certainly permanent and Jinks will never be able to walk properly.  

We'd asked for a foster home pending the results of the MRI and were prepared for any offer to be withdrawn when we received the bad news, but we didn't take into account the incredible kindness of the person who took Jinks in regardless.  Not only that, but she had him fitted with wheels so he could get around more easily, and although he's still learning how it works you can see the results so far, and just look at Jinks's tail!  It's not a full miracle, but it's close enough. 


Hooray for Ali!

There was more happy news to follow, and I was just waiting for confirmation that my favourite puppy Ali's adoption interview went very well and she'll be heading off to her forever home.  I knew this day would come, and all I can say is her new family are very lucky.  Now I have to start work on my next project puppy. 

1 comment:

  1. Jinks is so happy and very lucky to have a wonderful home! <3 XXX

    ReplyDelete