Monday 15 October 2018

Mon 15th Oct: Back to work

This was the last day of my "holiday", not exactly most people's idea of time away from work as I was still actively involved and writing my blog, but there's so much happening on a daily basis I'm having to catch up as much as I can.  I haven't been to AFCD to take more dogs or to Acorn, my home-from-home most days.

Miss Pinky and the backfrop showing our main Gala Sponsors
At least one of the year's events has been and gone, and you can see the full album of Sarge'n'Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Gala here Sarge N Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Gala Dinner - Part 2— at The Aberdeen Marina Club 深灣遊艇會

However for Eva and the rest of the events team, there is no rest as we have Peak to Fong in November as well as other outside happenings thoughout the next couple of months. It's non-stop but necessary, as this is how we raise the funds to keep HKDR running and take care of the six hundred dogs that rely on us for their food and veterinary needs. 

Jewel seems happy to be back
Our dogs mean a lot to us, whether they are puppies or adults, and that doesn't stop after they're adopted.  We love to receive happy updates, but it's not always good news unfortunately and there are occasions when dogs come back to us.  Today it was chow chow Jewel who returned to our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, and without going into detail I'll just say that we are relieved to have her back and I think she was just as happy to be with her friends again.


No comments:

Post a Comment