Wednesday 28 December 2016

Weds 28th Dec: Ap Lei Chau has an MTR!

The new MTR line is open for business
It was the last day of my holidays, and I took advantage of my usual Wednesday off by trying out the newly-opened South Island Line MTR which has a station entrance right on Main Street.  Of course you still can't take dogs on the trains, but getting to our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre has never been easier for visitors and volunteers, and it's only a couple of stops to or from Admiralty.    For Whiskers N Paws you can now take the MTR to South Horizons, one stop past Lei Tung (Ap Lei Chau Main Street), and walk the short distance to Horizon Plaza.

It's Saturday again this week


So if you want to give it a try please remember that we will be at Whiskers N Paws on Saturday again this week, as the store will be closed for New Year's Day.   After that it will be Sundays as usual, although Chinese New Year will either mean the puppies will have to stay at home or we'll need to find another venue for that one weekend.  I'm working on it.

We've been trying to get as many new dogs as possible to Acorn for desexing and check-ups after the clinic had also been closed over Christmas, or open for shorter hours, and of course I haven't been to AFCD since before the holidays.  I hope it's been a very slow time for the dog catching teams, and also that dog dumpers were too busy to make their way to one of the four centres to abandon their pets, but I'll find out when I got to the Pokfulam branch on Thursday.

Hopefully I'll have no news about any new dogs to report.


No comments:

Post a Comment