Sunday 25 December 2016

Sun 25th Dec: Christmas Day and I still hate breeders

There are lots of great action shots like this
When I posted my blog yesterday I hadn't seen the photos from the Christmas Eve puppy afternoon so wasn't able to comment on how lovely they were.  You can take a look here Puppy Adoption Day 24 December 2016 to see for yourself, and thanks to our new guest volunteer photographer Simon Li for capturing the fun of the puppies and their reunion.  They are all in separate foster homes now, for which I am very grateful, so they were happy to meet up again.
Iris's Christmas at Ap Lei Chau


Iris was the staff member on Christmas Day at Ap Lei Chau, and I think it's clear now that the five dogs that were surrendered together to AFCD were from a breeder.  The Yorkie that was adopted turned out to have dead puppies inside her, and the other dogs have been de-barked.  I don't even want to think about how that was done, but the result is that they have trouble breathing properly.
Does anyone need to ask why I hate breeders?

On a personal note I had the ideal Christmas Day, starting with the usual walk which Murphy joined for some unknown reason.  I would be happy about it normally as he needs the exercise, but he isn't supposed to be putting any strain on his joints following the stem cell treatment so I ended up having to carry him most of the way.  That made me late for the lunch I had been invited to with my neighbours, but that was maybe just as well as we didn't eat until much later in the day and by the time I got home and had fed the dogs I fell into a deep coma, which wrapped up a perfect day.
Murphy loved being carried

No comments:

Post a Comment