Saturday 24 December 2016

Sat 24th Dec: Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas everyone!

Finally and at long last it was Olive's turn
We had some lovely surprises at Whiskers N Paws today even though there was only one puppy adoption and even then Arnie won't actually be moving into his new home for a couple of days.  The really big news (and I really hope I'm not going to regret writing about this as it's only a trial so far) is that little Olive was chosen after a year of trying, and I have to thank her dedicated foster daddy for bringing her to Horizon Plaza so regularly.   Olive has a sweet ex-HKDR dog (previously Gunner, now Berry) to help her settle, and a very nice family so I think she'll be fine.  Olive must be this month's lucky name following last Sunday's adoption of Lamma Olive, now Skye, so if all goes well and the name becomes available again, I will be sure to use it.

I so want Goofy to be happy as I love him to bits
It was also a lucky day for Goofy, although again it was a trial not an adoption, but at least it meant that I had no puppies to take back to Lamma with all of them safely and happily in their respective foster homes.   It was just as well as the van was completely packed with goodies from the Whiskers N Paws Operation Santa appeal, and thank you to everyone who donated.  Some of the dog beds were put to immediate good use in the evening, as there's nothing my dogs love more than a soft and comfy place to sleep.  In fact Opal stayed in her new bed all night instead of coming onto mine as she usually does, although her brother Griffin kept me company as always.

A happy Christmas present for Pumkin
There was another trial with Tai Po dog Lily, a German shepherd, and an actual adoption from Ap Lei Chau as corgi Pumpkin went home.  She's been waiting too long so it was a very happy moment when she finally packed her bags and left.

I was reminded by Dr Andy when I said I hoped there would be no emergencies over the next few days that Christmas often means lots of cases of pancreatitis on Boxing Day, thanks to dogs being given lots of inappropriate and rich food that their systems can't cope with.  So if you want to give your dogs a special treat, make sure it's something that is OK for them to eat and keep the human-only goodies for yourself.

Have a wonderful Christmas, and don't forget that we are open throughout the holiday for adoptions and dog walking!


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Sally and to all the staff and volunteers at HKDR. Ray

    ReplyDelete