Monday 12 December 2016

Mon 12th Dec: Christmas party and presents

I realised I only had early puppy photos of Lamma Olive
I was back at Whiskers N Paws again today to introduce some dogs to volunteer Jamie's dog, who was feeling lonely after losing her "brother" recently.  Jamie had said it was up to Kayto to decide who her new friend would be, but with so many choices I knew it was going to be difficult.  I started the ball rolling by picking three Lamma dogs, and Pixie from our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, as they all matched the fairly loose criteria.  I could kick myself for not having taken any photos, or even better video, of the dogs but I'm not a natural camera person and forget that phones are always handy for this sort of thing.
Both Pixie and Olive have skin problems due to allergies


My Lamma three were Poker, Tilly and Olive, and while Poker refused to move out of the crate for the entire time so missed his chance completely, the girls took just a short time to warm up and relax. Olive craves love and attention, so split her time between playing with Kayto and going to Jamie for cuddles, while Tilly also enjoyed having me to herself rather than sharing with Aladdin and the other young Lamma dogs.   Pixie just had a great time, and loved being on the Whiskers N Paws terrace so much that she was pulling at the leash to go back when it came time to leave.  I know if it was up to Jamie she would take all of them home, but unfortunately that can't happen.    No decision was made today and Kayto will be back on Sunday for the second round of interviews, and I have suggested she meet the other Olive, the corgi cross version, because I think they would make a good match.
The other Olive

By the time we left Whiskers N Paws it was too late to do anything else. but while I was there I was able to spend the donated voucher that someone left for me on Sunday, so thank you very much for such a thoughtful gift.  I spent a good portion of it on buying new muzzles for my Lamma dogs, as the current ones are more patching than original material.   (Other than the very old and slow, all of the dogs wear muzzles for the daily hike even though we never meet anyone).  There is an ongoing Christmas collection drive at Whiskers N Paws for donations for homeless dogs (and cats), so if you are visiting and would like to add something it would obviously be very gratefully received.

Another reminder that this Saturday is our own HKDR Christmas Party, and everyone is welcome to stop by at Ayuthaiya to say hello, have a drink and some delicious nibbles.  There's never a day or time when all staff and volunteers are available as our Homing Centres are open every single day of the year and the dogs come first, but please do take a break from shopping if you are able to.

Dear HKDR volunteers and friends, you are invited for some holiday cheer! Join us at our Christmas Party on 17 Dec (Saturday), 3:30-6pm at Ayuthaiya, 35 Hollywood Road, Central.

Entrance is free for all adopters and regular volunteers. Guests are also welcome for an entrance fee of just $100. Food and drinks will be provided.

This will be a casual gathering, really a thank you to everyone who supports HKDR in any way.

RSVP now on:
https://www.eventbrite.hk/e/hkdr-christmas-party-2016-tickets-29969107407

No comments:

Post a Comment