Thursday 1 December 2016

Thur 1st Dec: And they keep coming.....

After very little sleep thanks to the baby pups needing to be fed during the night and wild boar disturbing the adult dogs, I was more than happy to pack up my little furry foundlings and take them over to Ap Lei Chau to be picked up (in pairs) by their foster parents.  This is just the start however, as it won't be long before the pups are going to be in need of forever homes, but for now I have some peace of mind.

One of the new pups
I had to go to AFCD to have Funny Girl microchipped and licensed, and while I was there I saw three more pups had appeared.  Not tiny babies like the other eight, but of course I took them because I could see they were in need of some good food and care.  Luckily Cindy was able to arrange a foster home for Friday, so they too will be heading off for comforts that I can't provide.  They are available for adoption if anyone is interested.
These black/white pups are always called Panda

This 1 year-old sharpei came to us today
While I was out with my collection of dogs and puppies (which included a Lamma dog who wasn't very well) two breeder rejects arrived at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre.  One of them was the year-old sharpei girl I mentioned in an earlier post, and as she was about to be sold off to another breeder it was urgent that she be moved quickly.

The second dog was a young pomeranian with a badly deformed back leg, almost certainly the result of patella luxation that had been left untreated.  I was told the breeder buys his stock in unseen batches, so gets a few of these "duds" as part of the group. It's just lucky that there are ears and eyes on the lookout for these rejects so they can be rescued and brought to us.   The pom is very sweet and she will need a foster home so she can have surgery, so please email Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com if you can help.
This sweet pom needs a foster so she can have leg surgery

There's yet another very similar pom coming soon, this time one with a very large mammary tumour or hernia, which either way will need surgery to fix.

Funny Girl is so sweet
At least Funny Girl is not only healthy but also very sweet, so if you are looking for a lovely family dog who is the size and shape of a corgi please consider this gentle lady.  I guessed her to be around three years old, but can't guarantee that age as she wasn't licensed.

The personalised &dear products are being enthusiastically received by their delighted purchasers, and if you don't know what I'm talking about you must have missed the special promotion we were running recently.  You can find details on the &dear Facebook page and see for yourself.

Bags, badges, stickers, bandanas etc, all with your own dogs personal cartoon


No comments:

Post a Comment