Sunday 18 December 2016

Sun 18th Dec: Christmas crowds at Whiskers N Paws

Echo finally found her home
I can only use the word chaos to describe the Whiskers N Paws puppy afternoon today, just because everything was happening and there were so many people there, including lots of visitors like Santa and his "elves" (Whiskers N Paws staff).

Echo and Goofy aka Toby had been returned before I arrived, and the less said about that the better other than that I was desperate to find them somewhere else to go before the end of the day.  Due to the number of dogs that were around and the fact that he really didn't know what was happening, Goofy became quite agitated and not at all like his usual mellow self, and it was very upsetting to see him like that.  Strangely it was the shyer Echo who joined in the festivities and play, and it was she who finally found her forever home.  I ended up having to bring Goofy back with me, but I really need somewhere for him, and preferably this time a permanent home.  If there is no other choice then at least a foster will be better than being on Lamma with so many other dogs, so please contact either myself at sally@hongkongdogrescue.com or Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com if you can look after this lovely boy until he is adopted.
Olive is now officially Skye Nunn

Goofy urgently needs a place to stay

Olive officially became Skye when she joined Jamie, Andy and Kayto's family today, and I'm obviously thrilled to bits about it.  There's an addiotnal story about Jamie's jeans but I'll leave that to her to explain :-)
Salsa and her forever family


Baby Salsa moved from her temporary home to her forever family, leaving only sister Tequila still waiting but with a good chance of moving on very soon.

Apart from a Christmas hamper from Whiskers N Paws, I received a very touching gift from the &dear team of Aimee and Chee Yee along with the proceeds from their recent promotion on behalf of HKDR. If you missed the chance to have your own personalised products you can still order from their &dear Facebook page.
My beautiful gift featuring dogs past and present
The &dear promotion raised $13,300 for HKDR

No comments:

Post a Comment