Wednesday 9 November 2016

Weds 8th Nov: All quiet pre Peak to Fong

Murphy and Cindy earlier this year
It's very quiet at the moment, or at least that's the way it seems, and it may have something to do with the build-up to Sunday and Peak to Fong, or maybe it's nothing to do with anything and just one of those things.  Either way I had my usual Wednesday at home today, and both the dogs and I enjoyed the cooler temperature.  I'm still hoping that Murphy can be persuaded to resume the daily walks, but ever since his eye problem I suspect he is now almost blind as well as being deaf, and his confidence has taken a beating. On top of that Bali's hind legs are very weak now and I have to carry him for the final downhill stretch through the woods, although he manages to stumble along the rest of the trail.  I also need to look out for Cindy, as she gets stuck in the storm drains if she gets in and I have to lift her out, so perhaps the fact that Murphy won't join us is just as well.  Looking after two weaklings and having to make sure they don't get left behind is enough.

There is actually some potentially very exciting dog-related news for Saturday, but I daren't say what just yet although I can say that unfortunately it's not that my Stanley Barracks doglets have got homes.  These gorgeous pups are quite amazing, and I hope that others will feel the same way after meeting them at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday.  All of the other beautiful baby pups will also be there so there's just the right one for every family.

Puppies don't come cuter than these

The puppy afternoon will take place as usual after Peak to Fong, and for those still wanting to buy ticket/T-shirts I've asked for the latest stock availability but I know we are down to the last few.  Check this link for where you can still find stock: https://www.facebook.com/hkdogrescue/posts/1324653530880709

Chrissie found a new home today
There was at least one lucky dog at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre as one of the recently-arrived Shelties was adopted.  We will need to move a lot of the dogs out before too long, as the planned renovation of both Homing Centres gets underway, and if you haven't already registered as a short-term "renovation foster" please contact Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment