Sunday 13 November 2016

Sun 13th Nov: Peak to Fong 2016

Well, what a great day we had, even though I almost didn't make the start of the walk down from the Peak after having got up really early so I had plenty of time, and then being so relaxed that I realised I only had fifteen minutes to shower, get dressed and arrange for the puppies to get over to Whiskers N Paws later on.  I ran out of the house with hair still wet and clothes only half on, but I made it.  So did thousands of other HKDR supporters with their dogs, and this fantastic photo proves it.

Peak to Fong 2016 - At a Glance — with Gregory 河國榮 and Ana R.
There already photos of the day posted on our Hong Kong Dog Rescue (HKDR) Facebook page with lots more over the coming days for you to have a look through.  I know many of the participants went to great effort to raise money for the Sponsored Walk, and that is a big part of the fundraising aspect of Peak to Fong, so huge thanks to everyone who played their part.  The counting is still ongoing and the final amount raised will be announced once we have confirmed the numbers.

I had to leave the street party to get to Whiskers N Paws for the puppy afternoon, but thanks to our amazing volunteers who went straight there after the walk had finished everything was already under control. The trial adoptions of Gumball, Mistral, Gumbo and Sophia had already been confirmed as permanent, while fluffy Cody and funny-faced Yoda went back to their respective foster homes with decisions pending. The biggest news of the all was that one foster home took three of the Stanley Barracks puppies, not for adoption but purely on a temporary basis, but that was still a huge help for me and I was very happy and grateful.  That mean only Woody (from Stanley)  came back to Lamma with me, and two of the younger puppies.

Puffball pups Billy and Benjamin need homes!
There was also a pair of the puffball puppies left without anywhere to stay at the end of the afternoon, and as I had nowhere for them to stay on Lamma they had to go to our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre for the night.  It's really quite strange how those that everyone expects to be snatched up immediately end up being the ones left behind, and we now need foster homes for these adorable boys Billy and Benjamin.  If you can help please contact Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment