Friday 18 November 2016

Fri 18th Nov: Hoping for a busy weekend

I had a meeting scheduled for the afternoon which ended up being cancelled, so I had unexpected free time to go to AFCD to get out the six month-old doglets I missed yesterday.  They are timid and that can go two ways, meaning either they will be fine once they have settled or they will never accept human interaction.  There is really no way of telling, but the main thing is that they are not aggressive and can be safely handled even if they don't like it.  One of the litter of four, a female now called Ruby, is petite and very pretty so I left her at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre where her sister Domino is already staying, and hopefully both will end up being tame enough to home.  Domino has already calmed down a lot and is quite happy to walk around and mingle with the other dogs, and considering she's only been there a couple of days that's really a good sign.

Maya is still waiting
I hope I'm right in thinking that this weekend is going to be a busy one at the Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, and maybe with a bit of luck another "Red" dog will be given a chance to prove itself.  
Bomber would be with me if I had the space

Many of you will already have seen the video of ex-breeder bulldog Zippo, now Bentley, as he walked up a hill on his own four legs.  There had always been the very remote possibility of him walking again because we had seen photos of him standing while still at the breeder, but surgery wasn't an option after an MRI showed spinal compression in a few places so it was just a matter of wait-and-see.  We were able to buy him some wheels thanks to a kind sponsor which meant he was able to get out and about, and although I haven't seen him there myself I gather he is quite a star in Soho in the evenings.  His walking efforts have been quite astonishing, and even though he still relies on his wheel most of the time at least he's not the permanently paralysed dog that we expected.
Bentley-Zippo being measured for his wheels


1 comment:

  1. Please change Bomber's name. Benny is a more positive name for him and will find him a home. <3

    ReplyDelete