Tuesday 13 March 2018

Tues 13th March: Dora and Betty

I had unexpected free time today,  as I had planned the day around taking a couple of turtles out of AFCD but their release was delayed.  Luckily I now have a home for the turtles to go to, so it turned out to be a good thing in the end and it gave me some time to sort out a few personal errands that had been waiting.

Dora the dachshund was adopted today
Dora the dachshund was today's lucky dog, and as it happens she is eligible to join the event I mentioned yesterday, the one which will be taking place on Sunday 15th April.  After having posted the date on my blog, something jogged my memory that this wasn't an all-inclusive  event, and Eva reminded me that it was for pugs and dachshunds only. So apologies if you had already pencilled the day in your diaries, unless you happen to have either of those little dogs and can sign up once the details have been confirmed.  However we are planning something special for everyone, and bigger dogs in particular, so look out for that once we have set the date.

After successful heartworm treatment Betty is busy studying
With so many smaller dogs having found their forever homes and close to none coming in from AFCD over the past few months, I suggested to Cindy, our hard-working Foster Coordinator, that we bring back some of those who had gone to foster homes for health reasons, such as heartworm treatment.  One of these is Betty, who in my eyes is so adorable with her pronounced underbite.

It's funny how some things that on humans might be considered undesirable or unattractive are the opposite on animals.  Like the slurpy noises that my little boy Murphy makes when he eats his meals with enthusiasm, something that would really be unpleasant if it was someone sitting at the table with you at dinner.

If you are interested in meeting Betty please contact Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com, or complete the Adoption Questionnaire on our website www.hongkongdogrescue.com (under Adopt).



No comments:

Post a Comment