Thursday 22 November 2018

Thur 22nd Nov: Mothers and babies

Prudence at Acorn wondering what was happening
I was finally allowed to take a dog out of AFCD that had been waiting for a long time while they were trying to trace her owner, one of the downfalls of being licensed for some unlucky dogs.   For some reason I had thought the dog was a boy, I don't know why, but she was always excited to see me and to take the treats I have when I visit the kennels.  She had watched as I took other dogs out and barked excitedly, but today when it was at last her turn she was confused and not a little bit concerned about what was happening.  I called her Prudence, and although she's only a young dog it's clear she's already given birth to puppies at some point.  I don't know her story or how an owned dog came to be at AFCD, but I do know that her future in guaranteed, whether or not she finds a new home of her own.  I hope she will of course.
These 6 babies have the same mother as Carlo


Talking of puppies and mother dogs, the AFCD staff told me that the mother of the litter of babies we took earlier in the week is also the mother of our doglet Carlo (and his sister Carla, who has been adopted).  Apparently they have tried to catch the mother dog many times but she's too smart to fall for their tricks and traps, and the most they can do is to take the puppies so they don't grow up as strays too.  We took a good look at the newest litter and tried to see the resemblance to their half-brother Carlo, but they seem to have a different father.
Carlo and Jack are always together


As for Carlo, he has made a best friend in Jack and the two of them love to hang out together.  Looking through the several photo albums from Sunday's Whiskers N Paws afternoon, I was smiling to myself seeing these two, because wherever one was so was the other.  They are both a bit stand-offish with strangers and happy to be in their own company, but Jack in particular can't hide his happiness when he sees someone he knows, and even Carlo is secretly pleased.
Even as a younger puppy Jack worshipped Carlo


Two lucky and rather special foster puppies had their adoptions confirmed today, and when I say special I'm talking about Special Needs.  We had been waiting and hoping like crazy that wobbly poodle Toto and his bichon puppy friend (with paralysed back legs) Bitsy would be able to stay together, and now they will!   I know I'll miss watching these two gorgeous boys playing non-stop but I couldn't be happier that they won't need to be separated.
It was almost impossible to get a photo of these two puppies Bitsy and Toto


I'm sure I don't really need to mention that it's almost the weekend and that means Peak to Fong 2018 on Sunday.  The cooler weather has arrived just in time to make the walk down from the Peak a comfortable one and not too hot and sweaty, so everyone should arrive at Lan Kwai Fong in good shape.

The police have requested that we start the walk thirty minutes later than our original time of eleven, so that means les of a rush to get there if you're coming from the islands or New Territories.

⚠️⚠️ATTENTION All Peak To Fong 2018 Walkers⚠️⚠️
Please note that the starting time of our walk will be postponed for 30 minutes i.e. starting at 11:30 a.m. as per police’s request for there is another event happening at The Peak Galleria at the same time.
There will also be a slight change on the route, with the starting point being moved to Findlay Path (opposite to Tsui Wah Restaurant). Directions will be provided along the route from the Peak to LKF by our volunteers.
See you on Sunday!
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment