Friday 2 November 2018

Fri 2nd Nov: Frisbee's day

Ironically today was cool and windy but without any typhoon signal, so I was able to get over to AFCD where I had planned to take out another adult dog but ended up with three puppies instead, all of them once again with tick fever.  It's so frustrating, especially now that the disease has evolved and mutated and is resistant to the traditional treatments, and even to the "Liquid Gold" in some cases I was told.  Prevention really is becoming more important than ever because tick fever is far more common than a lot of dog owners seem to think.  It's certainly not confined to strays, even if today's puppies were born homeless.

Frisbee will be moving to Australia one day
Frisbee and his littermates were almost certainly born to an owned dog before they were thrown out as rubbish and very luckily discovered before ending up as landfill, and today Frisbee was adopted, the last of the litter to go home.  I have been talking about him so much and the fact that these puppies were very petite in size, and I think you can see what I mean in the adoption photo.
Dimple was a really tiny baby and she is still small at 7 months


We still have two smaller-sized mixed breed older puppies available, Jack and Dimple, not related but both definitely at the smaller end of medium.  You can meet them at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre any day of the week, or on Sunday at Whiskers N Paws.
Blake (l) is about 3 months younger than Jack but the same size


While I was in the waiting room at Acorn with the three new puppies there was someone holding a poodle, a lovely little dog who was clearly enjoying being cuddled.  I asked about her and was told it was one of our HKDR dogs who had just happened to be there and was wanting to be picked up. Checking the name tag on the harness I saw it was Paula, an Ap Lei Chau resident who was having her blood checked to make sure she was healthy enough for desexing (she is), so I took a photo as she looked so adorable lying in the woman's arms.  If you are looking for a small dog with the sweetest nature then maybe you should visit and take a look at Paula.
I assumed Paula belong to the person who was holding her


We had some more adoption confirmations today after a trial period, this time fuzzy pair Ozzie and Oona, both of whom were quite shy when they first came to us.  They have obviously settled enough for them to be staying for ever.
Oona and Ozzie adoption is confirmed

Weeekend are always days when I hope we will be seeing more dogs adopted, and I know there are at least a couple at Tai Po who have meetings planned so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

1 comment:

  1. Oona & Ozzie are really CUTE!!! So happy their adoption has been confirmed! <3 XXX

    ReplyDelete