Wednesday 8 August 2018

Weds 8th Aug: Back online

If there's any proof needed on how reliant we are on the internet these days, it became very clear to me when I lost my connection for a couple of days.  True, I still have a smartphone that allowed me to read and send brief messages, but typing out anything more than a couple of lines was just too hard.  Anyway as you can see that's all sorted now so I'm back online with the various updates, not all good unfortunately.

Chowder is funny and sweet, but still a chow chow
First of all there were two dogs returned, one being Alice the golden retriever (allergies in the family) and the second Chowder the chow chow, for behaving like a typical chow chow.  One thing I know about this breed is that you can only ask them to do something, very nicely, and if they feel like it they will agree but trying to force them will get you nowhere except bitten probably.  My own "chow chow" may not be typical in his looks other than his black tongue and curly tail, but Safari is chow chow in every other sense.  I gave up trying to do anything except plead and bargain with him a long time ago, and it works.   Once they have trained you, chow chows are loving and loyal, but you can't ever forget who's boss.

Cute but very damaged
I'm jumping ahead a day but we took in two young breeder throwaway puppies today, a poodle and a Maltese (or perhaps bichon, hard to tell at this age).  They both have serious health issues, probably neurological and possibly incurable.   You all know my opinion on breeders so I won't repeat what I've already said a thousand times, but every time I see someone with a newly bought purebreed (supposedly) puppy I have to control myself from saying something.
Another breeder catastrophe


No comments:

Post a Comment