Friday 3 August 2018

Fri 3rd Aug: Happy updates and a new campaign

Frodo was a breeder dog before his new life
One of the best things about homing dogs, especially older ones who may have come from horrible situations, is getting updates about how they have changed and blossomed.  One of those dogs was an ex-breeder schnauzer we callled Frodo who arrived in a poor condition along with several others, and it took a while before he was chosen to go home.  Seeing the photos and videos of him running and playing is just wonderful, and I can't help but smile.

"Hi Cactus and my fellow doggie friends,

Woof! It’s Frodo here! I have settled in incredibly well after I left HKDR in February. My human walks me 3 times daily and she even brought me to work with her few times a week! I am now the assistant music director of her studio, meeting a lot of people and have made a lot of human friends.
 
Apart from ‘working’ few times a week, I love going to the dog park even though I don’t really like seeing other dogs. My human has been working with me, I am learning to stop myself from barking when I see other dogs. My biggest wish is to make a doggie friend one day. It’s difficult but we are slowly making progress. 

Never lower estimate the ability of an old dog, I am very good at learning new tricks! ‘Sit’, ‘down’, ‘paw’, ‘stay’, ‘come’, ‘turn’, ‘touch’ and ‘stand’ are just way too easy. My human has brought me to the beach, shopping mall, hike and many more fun places! Still remember the days when I don’t even know how to walk the stairs and now I have blossomed into a smart and handsome doggie who everyone adores! Just shower me with some love, encouragement and a new hair cut! Life is no longer living in a filthy cage not seeing hope in the future. Life is fun! It’s about walkies, treats, endless petting and attention from human, relaxing on my own bed, exploring new places and a family that will never ever abandon me! If you want to get a dog as awesome as I am, adopt, don’t shop! 

Love, 
Frodo and his human "

Chowder is one of the office gang until he leaves on Monday
Another dog who is opening up day by day is the chow chow Chowder, who is staying in the office until he is picked up by his new family on Monday.  He is curious about everything, and is happy to be with the other office dogs as well as going out to the dog park where he can run around freely. We're all so happy just so see him enjoying his new life after being shut in a small cage twenty four hours a day, and things will only get better for him.

Add caption
One of the campaigns that Eva has been working on is a collaboration between HKDR and Buyandship Hong Kong, which involves not only donations made for each online purchase but also an opportunity to donate dog toys or food which will in turn earn rewards.  Full details of the programme are shown below on the three links, and this will run for a whole month.

Rescue Dogs While Shopping Online! Buyandship X HKDR
From August 3rd – September 3rd Buyandship 國際網購轉運(香港)will donate HK$2 to HKDR for every transshipment! Simply shop online, ship with Buyandship and rescue dogs while doing so!– For every 1 shipment you make via Buyandship = HK$2 will be donated.
All donations to HKDR will be paid by Buyandship. No additional shipping or handling fee will be charged.
– Donations & Establishing a volunteer team –
The Buyandship team will volunteer regularly at HKDR Tai Po Homing Centre. Customers can also donate dog toys or cans to Buyandship during the event period, and the collected materials will be sent to HKDR with all local shipping costs borne by Buyandship! Each donor will also be rewarded with 10 Buyandship points as a thank you.
Start Shopping & Rescuing Dogs now: http://bit.ly/2AyxNf5
Learn More About Buyandship: http://bit.ly/2LYeale
Learn More About the Program: http://bit.ly/2vyUPNh


No comments:

Post a Comment