Saturday 1 July 2017

Sat 1st July: A tough day

Today was surprisingly busy, with golden retriever girl Harper leaving Tai Po for a trial and others just waiting for a decision from potential adopters.  We'll have to wait and see who is going to be lucky.

New boy Cosmo was just what his adopter was looking for
At the small Homing Centre new boy Cosmo was adopted, which made me especially happy because he just scraped in to being an acceptable size for Ap Lei Chau, and he's an adult mixed breed, not the easiest type to home even if they are lovely.
I think Nero's the one at the front

Black lab-alike puppy Nero was also a lucky boy as I had left him behind when I took him and his sister, Mole, to meet a potential adopter.  While it was Mole who was chosen I decided to leave Nero at the Homing Centre on the off chance that he would be seen before Sunday's puppy afternoon, and so it happened.  Now there is only Inky left, and she is in a foster home so I have none of the litter still on Lamma.

Other dogs were seen and interviewed, and I understand adopters will be back on Sunday to take them home, possibly even a pair but I won't say who just yet.

Lima as a puppy at Whiskers N Paws
It was a tough day for me personally as I made the shocking discovery that Griffin and Opal's lesser-known sister, Lima, had died during the night and was lying under my bed.  I have no idea what happened and never will, but I have to assume it was either bloat, which would be unlikely given her polite eating habits and lifestyle, or she had eaten something which had lodged inside. That too would surprise me even though the dogs regularly raid my personal stuff and steal reading glasses, bottles of supplements, in fact anything at all including a make-up mirror on a stand quite recently. They carry these off to enjoy under my bed where they can't be seen, but Lima wasn't one of the Gang of Thieves and was a very quiet and easy girl. Maybe there is such a thing a Sudden Death Syndrome in dogs as there is in people, I don't know, and for Lima it is too late to be relevant anyway and I just hope she didn't suffer. 

1 comment: