Friday 7 July 2017

Fri 7th July: Another bad-weather cancellation

Let's keep our furry friends dry.
#YogaForAll: Yoga for Dog Lovers will be rescheduled to 15 July, Saturday, 10:30 am – 12:30 noon, as the Hong Kong Observatory predicts ‘cloudy with showers and squally thunderstorms’ for tomorrow. Better safe than sorry! 
Stay dry and see you in 1 week!
If you want to go on and help our friends over at HKDR, we've set up an online fundraiser for them:https://simplygiving.com/Event/yogaforall-yoga-for-dog-lovers Thank you for your continued support!
After having said that the outdoor Pure Yoga for All event would be going ahead regardless of the weather, that's now all been changed given that the rain hasn't stopped for a single day.

The downpours are a challenge when we have so many dogs living outside, and I feel terrible for them.  It's not that they don't have dog houses they can shelter inside, but it's no fun for a puppy who wants to be outside and playing, or even the adult dogs come to that.

The raffle draw will take place on Sunday
I had to take two older puppies from AFCD today, even though I really didn't want to due to lack of space and the weather, but they had already been waiting longer than I would normally ask and they are such lovely characters too.  I have called them Troy (male) and Paris (female) and they'll be at Sunday's Whiskers N Paws Puppy (and Raffle Draw) afternoon along with the many other hopefuls.

Every time I think I have emptied the kennels of the homeable dogs and puppies, more arrive, and there were a further two really lovely older pups who may well be siblings of the pair I took today, as well as a sharpei mother and her litter of three week-old babies.  The puppies are just about managing to eat the dry kibble that is given to the mother, although they should be on soft puppy food and still feeding from their mother.  I suspect there isn't enough milk being produced and they are doing what they have to to survive, so I will take them out as soon as I have foster homes for them.  I didn't count the exact number, but there are around six little ones.  If you can take in a pair (all food will be provided) please let Cindy know by emailing foster@hongkongdogrescue.com.  The pups aren't pure sharpei which is a health bonus for them and their skin.

Poor Minty has demodex and is also very scared
Talking of skin, there was a helpless and almost-hairless singleton puppy at AFCD which I felt compelled to take out, and she is now in the Giant Cage beside my computer.  I can see from the wisps of hair she has left that she is black with a white chest so I have called her Minty, but she is also very timid and must have been a born-stray pup.  I've started treating her skin as a straightforward case of demodex, but the shyness also needs to be overcome.

Cosmo left Ap Lei Chau today


No comments:

Post a Comment