Monday 10 July 2017

Mon 10th July: Minty and Honey

Minty's still bald but less flaky now
I hope it's not my imagination but I think little Minty's skin is looking a lot better now, even though it's only the surface that's seeing the benefit of applications of natural anti-fungal lotion and skin spray. The mites that are responsible for the demodex-related hair loss need something rather stronger, and it will be some time before they are killed off.  Still, the puppy is eating well and sleeping a lot, but I know she wants and needs to have more space than I can spare.  She watches the other dogs with interest and would love to join them, but it would be too risky for a baby like her.
If anyone thinks they could help by fostering Minty it would be wonderful, and then I could use the Giant Cage for at least two or three of the sharpei babies currently at AFCD.  Or can anyone foster those babies?  I counted them today and there are five, and although the mother looks like a real sharpei (and very friendly) the pups are a variety of colours, one of each.  There's white, black and three shades of brown.   As always please email Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com, and don't worry about food of any other necessaries as we will supply everything.


Honey
I had seen two older puppies at AFCD last week and recognised them as being from the same litter as recently-taken Paris and Troy, and possible even Cameron and Tanner.  I know there is a man who regularly drops puppies off at the Pokfulam Animal Management Centre even though he lives in Kowloon, because he knows I will take them.  I have no idea where he gets these puppies from as there have been many, but they are always sweet, friendly and healthy.  As this current litter are a bit older I have to assume that the man could only manage two at a time, so they have been appearing in pairs.  One of the two that I took today is identical to last week's black-and-tan puppy, and another was a beautiful honey colour so is now called Honey.  She already has some interest so if all goes as planned she won't even make it to the Puppy Afternoon at Whiskers N Paws, but the five assumed siblings will be.  They are lookalike brothers Cameron and Tanner, two black-and-tans, and all-black Paris.

For those of your who bought Raffle Tickets, thank you, and here are the winning numbers. http://hongkongdogrescue.com/event/raffle2017/prize-list/
Cameron or Tanner
Paris, different colour, same style

No comments:

Post a Comment