Saturday 21 January 2023

Sat 21st Jan: Happy Year of the Rabbit!

"Rabbit" Talia was adopted two years ago

 Happy Year of the Rabbit to all friends and supporters of HKDR!  As I was born in a rabbit year, I'm hoping for great things for myself too, or rather for our many dogs and puppies that are waiting for homes. 

There's really nothing I want more than to see as many homeless animals as possible find their new families, and I'm happy to report that we had quite a few visitors to our various centres today, with at least three Elgin Street dogs likely to be leaving soon.

Gavin left North Street today

As I wrote yesterday, puppy Gavin was picked up by his new family after they decided to wait for the morning rather than risk driving him home just after he had eaten his dinner. 

The Lunar New Year is a traditional time for a mass dog outing from our Tai Po Homing Centre, and this year is no exception.   It's wonderful to see our experienced volunteers grouping together to make this special event happen, and to know the dogs are going to have a fantastic day out.  When I look through the list of names of the lucky dogs I'm reminded of their story and when they came to us, and while I'm happy that they're included in the planned outing, there's still that feeling of sadness that they still don't have their own homes, and families to take them out every day.  Anyway, I look forward to the photos, which I'll share here when they arrive.  

Another reminder that our two Kennedy Town Centres are open throughout the New Year holiday, as well as our Tai Po Homing Centre and HKDR@Elgin.  Thank you to all of the volunteers who have signed up to help out, because we couldn't manage without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment