Saturday 29 December 2018

Sat 29th Dec: Double Happiness Plus

Look at Tilda, so tiny.  She and Peach have a home together now. 
It's no secret that I had a special feeling about Tiny Tilda the mini poodle girl, and I've been waiting and watching and telling everyone who was asking about small dogs to take a look at her, so getting the message from Andrea today saying that she's been adopted made me very happy.  Even better, she went home with a second dog, Peach, so it was really Double Happiness.

Another dog who's been waiting far longer than I expected was Charlie the Cavalier King Charles, a sweet boy who also finally got lucky today.  In fact he has a wonderful new home, so once again I can say to myself it was worth the wait.
Charlie has his own family at last

With the sudden drop in temperature we were all busy today making sure the outdoor dogs had warm bedding, and they really do love snuggling in their soft fleecy blankets.  Even the indoor dogs make a beeline for the softest bed, so thinking about those homeless ones is even sadder than usual.  At times like this I remember that even if they don't have real homes and families, at least our HKDR dogs have a lot more than too many others.  It's a huge undertaking to take care of six hundred-plus dogs, especially with the extra work involved of doling out the quilts and blankets, and then replacing them when they're wet or dirty, but if it needs to be done, we'll do it.
Tai Po dogs Barry and Flora make themselves comfortable

One of the adorable new babies coming on Monday

It's going to be  very cold boat ride for me over to Ap Lei Chau on Sunday to be there for the last Puppy Afternoon of the year, and we'll be inside with the youngsters I'm sure.  We have so many puppies of all ages, and I mean really a lot, so I'm hoping that at least some will be lucky.  New puppies are arriving on Monday so even if you can adopt, please help by fostering.  Everything you need in terms of food, bedding and vet costs are provided and all you need is a space in your home for a while.  Please contact Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com if you can help.


No comments:

Post a Comment